summa sonic

i woke up. i mailed my friend and told him to come to my house. we were planning to go to the summer sonic festival, a large music festival held in Osaka and Tokyo. gwen stefani was coming. i told him to get ready and to come to my house as fast as he can so that we could go for a little swim at the pool near my house before the pool closes. i wanted to go for a swim so that i could drain a lot of energy, so that later on i could sleep in the night time bus ride. we were planning on taking a bus to Osaka at night, and spending the night in the bus. i waited for an hour and my friend still wasnt at my house. then 30 minutes later he arrived. i got mad at him because the pool was closed when he got to my house. it took him 2 dirty hours. then we started to call hotels to try and make reservations for the next night. the summer sonic was a 2 day festival so we needed somewhere to lay our heads for a night. the hotels were all full. we called more than 10 hotels. we should have made reservations earlier. we decided on a plan to sleep in a park in osaka. i put some t-shirts, my tooth brush, socks, under arm deoderent, and my panties in my bag and we left.

we got to nagoya station. we went to the bus terminal and there was a 30 year old bus driver telling everyone that the night time buses are all full. we were totally bummed out. no hotels, and now no buses! god damn you god good god good god! we went and asked some station bois how we could get to Osaka on a train without using too much money. the station boi recommended us the JR line. he said it would cost around 3000 yen, and it would take 3 hours. we bought the tickets, drank one big 6% alcohol beer, and got on the train. it was 8 pm. i pretended to trip out on the beer. then i asked my friend if i could use his ipod. i didnt want to use mine because my batteries drain fast. he said ok and i listened to old elliott smith songs. they were pretty good.

we got to osaka, and we started to walk around to try and find a public park with a public bathroom so that we could become bob marley creatures. (smoke pot) we found a normal sized park but we couldnt find a toilet so we walked around more. then we found an abandoned shopping street. it looked like a place from Dear Wendy (a movie that i like). we found a stair set and smoked weed. we pretended that rainbows were coming out of our heads. then we walked around, then smoked more and went to try and find a place to eat. but then we saw 2 guys skateboarding. we decided to watch them for a little while. one guy had the coolest kick flips in the world. the other guy was a skate master. he had a clean style.we watched them for around 30 minutes and then 2 more skaters came. one was a jigga. he looked like a fake rapper. the other one was a punk. what a combination. then the punk drank a beer and started to skate. he sucked. he tried to nollie 180 but messed up, and he kicked his skateboard and it hit a bike. then he kicked the bike. he was really pissed. then we left them. it was 12:30 am so most of the shops were closed. we found a hamburger shop and ate burger sets. then we went back to the skaters and wathced them again. then we left and they said bye to us. we said thank you. then we ate some more and drank some more and talked some more and got to the park.

we first layed on the grass. it was as hard as a 13 year old kid's boner. it was tickling us so we went over to the benches. it was 4am and we had to get up at 7 am. we tried to sleep but mosquitos were biting my friend and he saw a big cockroach. we got up and went to a store and bought some bug spray and some bread. we sprayed chemicals on ourselves and tried to sleep again on the ground this time. we failed. then we saw a homeless guy coming towards us so we asked him what the best way to sleep in a park is. he told us to try a bunch of spots in the park and we will eventually find one that fits us. he said that every homeless has their favorite way to sleep. he told us that he himself likes to sleep on news paper. we gave up and started walking around. then it became 7 am so we went to the station. we slept on the benches at the station for 10 minutes but it was way too hot and humid to sleep. we felt like prisoners. i wanted to cut my balls off. i needed to take a bath. we got on the train and got to the the station where the summer sonic buses leave to go the the festival. we got off the train and walked 5 minutes in an army-like line to the place where the sonic buses were. we got on a bus, and sat for 15 minutes. we arrived at the summer sonic. it was as sunny, hot, and humid. there were no clouds in the sky. then we had to stand in a huge line in the middle of a gravel baseball feild to get our wrist bands so that we could enter all of the music stages. we finally got our wrist bands. we had already agreed that it was one of the worst days of our lives. i soon realized that there was only one indoor stage, and one was a tent stage, and the rest were out door stages. were we going to stare at the bands, or at the sun? were we going to live through this nightmare?

we went to the dance stage. the opening act was insane. 3 teenage japanese girls dressed in granny cloths, pretending to sing into their mics when its obviouse that its not even their voices singing. the songs were catchy techno dance melodies. they were kind of good. then we went to the indoor stage and saw a band called the Draytones. they were another british band that thought they were all cool. their songs werent interesting at all, and nobody was really giving a damn about them. they were trying to have a good time though.

then we went into a public bathroom and smoked grass. we came out and went to the indoor stage where tilly and the wall were playing. DAMN THAT WAS A GOOD SHOW. we only got to see 15 minutes of them because we wanted to see as many bands as possible but that show alone was worth going to the summer sonic. every member in the band was unique. it all sounded great together. thanks tilly and the wall.

we next went to the dance stage and saw MSTRKRFT. they sucked. it was basically 2 guys that looked like hitler with little moustaches DJ ing. everybody was dancing and it looked so stupid. they all sucked at dancing. i just stood on my feet and watched. people started to look at me. some laughed. i guess they thought i was crazy, not dancing and all. fuckers. mrstrkrft was doing this boring routine of plaiyng a beat, then making it go high pitched slowly untill it sounds fucked up, and then starting the beat again full blast. everybody loved them. what the fuck happened to Jesse F Keeler? he used to be so cool in Death From Above 1979. ASSHOLE!

then we went to see the Polyphonic Spree. they put on a good show. they all dressed in white, and the main vocal had a red circle on his back and when he showed his back to us, the whole stage would look like a japanese flag. the only thing that sucked was the vocals, which was basically the main part of the show.

then we went to hot chip. we had high hopes for these mother fuckers. we were getting tired, and we felt dirty and sweaty. they came on stage and played a song that i didnt know. then they played some more that i knew. they were ok, but they also did that thing that mstrkrft did where they made the beat go all high pitched or screwed up, and then they would start the beat again full blast. people danced.

then we went to the indoor stage to see bright eyes. we were falling asleep, and his songs were becoming scary. we decided to go out side.

we went and layed on some grass near a stage that motorhead was about to play. we slept while motorhead played. they werent really good at all. they kept telling the crowd that they are motorhead, and that they play rock and roll.

we tried to sleep more on the grass, but it was awful. the grass was hard, and it was tickling us, and it was very hot out side. then i took my socks off because my feet were hurting and i found 2 blisers. what a shitty thing to happen to my feet on such a hot humid day.

there werent any more bands that we wanted to see that day, so we decided to go back to downtown osaka to try and find a 24 hour comic book cafe to sleep for the night. there was no way that were were going to spend the night in a park again.

we found a comic book cafe and went in. it was 500 yen to stay in a tiny room with a computer and a tv and a ps2 for one hour. the rooms were about as big as a walk in closet, and you couldnt lay on the ground and strech your hands and feet out. each room was split with a plastic wall that you could easily look over. some couples rent rooms and make out in them. i wanted to wach a couple have sex or something. you were allowed to take a shower for free too. we got a little room and then went to the shower room and took a shower. we went back to our room, and got ready to go out to eat. we were planning to go eat, then come back at 10pm and get the 10 hour plan. the 10 hour plan was a plan where you get to use a room for 10 hours for a cheaper price than normal. it started from 10pm, and ended at 8am. you could help yourself to free drinks, free showers, a whole bunch of japanese comic books, free internet access, ps2 games, and you could even order a fucking dominos pizza into your little room.

we went and ate at a japanese shop. i ate meat on rice, and my friend had a burger steak. he is japanese and he is obsessed with burgers. he ALWAYS wants them. we also had a beer. then we went back to the comic cafe and waited 10 minutes till the clock hit 10pm. we went inside, drank one beer, and went to sleep in our tiny rooms. it was kind of hard to sleep, and it was kind of hot, but we managed to get some sleep, and it was definitely better than a public park. we woke up at 7 45 am and left.

we didnt want to see any of the bands playing in the morning so we walked around downtown osaka for a little while. we went to a huge electronics shop and played around. we got massaged by some massage chairs too. then we ate, and we got on the 15 minute train ride to the summer sonic bus station.

we got to the festival at 1pm, and we went to see the horrors. they tried to do this horrific noise expirimental intro thing but it was very boring. then they played some songs and they were very bad. the vocal tried to look and sound really mad. then we went to the dance stage and saw the worst band ever. Bonde de role. some brazillian band where a fat dj puts a burned cd into a player, and dances while a guy who thinks hes very cool, and a girl with a mini skirt raps. there were many brazillians cheering in the crowd. they sucked so bad. the only good thing was the mini skirt, and we were kind of far away, so it was kind of a lose lose situation for us fellows in the back.

then we went to a public bathroom and smoked more pot, and we tried to go see Digitalism, but it was full, and there was a huge line up. we stayed in the line for 10 minutes and we realized that we werent getting in, so we left to see interpol. interpol sucked. im a big fan of interpol, but damn their show is boring. why not just get 4 or 5 random guys from the street, put them on a stage with some mute instruments, and play an interpol cd? the band members had no character. me and my friend thought it would be fun to listen to interpol on our ipods while actually watching them, so we did that. it was ok.

then we went to see css, and they were cute and cool. they put on a fun show, with balloons on stage and all. they looked like they were having so much fun. they were making the crowd do stuff like making heart symbols with their hands. i felt like a slave. all of us, watching a band control us having so much fun. i didnt do the heart symbols or anything, but i wished i could control people like that. i love controlling people.

then we went to Dinosaur Jr. to tell you the truth, they werent that entertaining. the looked like they didnt care about anything. then, after they finished a song, one of the members said "WAA". he probably did it because he couldnt speak japanese, and most people couldnt understand english, so why not just say something totally random? we thought it was the best summer sonic joke ever. i hope they only did this in japan. if they do this every time they do a show, then fuck them. legend asses.

after that we went to see LCD sound system. he looked tired. my friend told me that he played a show in Tokyo, then flew to the UK, then flew back to japan to play in osaka. he must have been sooo worn out. the show was ok.

then we drank a beer and went to Modest Mouse. surprisingly, there werent many people at the modest mouse stage at all. i knew why though. Tower Records. every band that tower records pushed was popular at the summer sonic. tower records didnt even have the new modest mouse album when it came out. but they had big Klaxons posters and listening booths. the Klaxons were playing right at the same time as modest mouse. Digitalism was another band tower records pushed, and you couldnt even get into the stage the day before. i kind of wanted to see the klaxons, but i knew it would be full, and i really like modest mouse so we decided to just watch the mice. they sucked. yup. i was hoping they wouldnt play Education, and Fire it up, and what do ya know. they played both right after the first song. we had to leave in the middle of the show because we needed to catch a train at 8pm, or else we would have had to stay in osaka for another night. we left as they played Float On, my friends favorite song. he likes hit songs. i do too.

we ran to the bus, got on, and took a train to osaka station. we got on the train and waited for an hour. then we transfered to the next train. i needed to go pee really bad. i thought my dick was going to blow up. then i found a toilet in the train and squirted yellow juice out of the hole at the end of my dick.

we got back to nagoya, and we walked to the subway station. we saw a angry guy saying "YOU GOT A FUCKIN PROBLEM?" and other things like that in japanese to random people on the street. we kind of got scared. we went into the station, and we both went home.

i slept like a dead man on sleeping pills.

end of summer sonic entry.

0 件のコメント: